Ying Cai, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science
Iowa State University
201 Atanasoff Hall
Ames, IA 50011
Phone: (515) 294-6075
===== Biography =====
Ying Cai received his Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Central Florida in 2002. He joined the Department of Computer Science at Iowa State University in 2003 and is now an associate professor there. His research interests include cloud computing, privacy and security, mobile computing, and multimedia systems.
===== Selected Publications (Google list, may not be accurate) =====
- Guolei Yang, Ying Cai, Querying a Collection of Continuous Functions, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 2018
- Guolei Yang, Ying Cai, Chandan R. Reddy, Check-in Time Prediction using Recurrent-Censored Regression, the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-ECAI-2018), accepted as a full paper. (20%, 710 out of 3470)
- Shixin Tian, Guolei Yang, Ying Cai. Detecting Adversarial Examples through Image Transformation. Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-18), accepted as a full paper. (25%, 933 out of 3800)
- Guolei Yang, Ying Cai. Querying Improvement Strategies. International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT'2017), accepted as a full paper. (21.8%, 31 out of 169)
- Guolei Yang, Neil Gong, Ying Cai, Fake Co-visitation Injection Attacks to Recommender Systems, Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS'2017), accepted as a full paper. (15.7%, 68 out of 432)
- Guolei Yang, Ying Cai. Full Location Privacy Protection through Restricted Space Cloaking, Journal of Information Processing, Information Processing Society of Japan, to appear as an invited paper.
- Guolei Yang, Ying Cai, Zhenbi Hu. Authentication of Function Queries. IEEE ICDE'16, Helsinki, Finland, May 2016. (25%, 99 out of 395)
- Shixin Tian, Ying Cai, Zhenbi Hu. A Parity-based Data Outsourcing Model for Query Authentication and Correction. IEEE ICDCS'16, Nera, Japan, June 2016. (17.6%, 68 out of 386)
- Patricio Galdames, Ying Cai. Efficient Processing of Location-cloaked Queries. IEEE INFOCOM'12, pp. 2480-2488. (18%, 278 out of 1547)
- Toby Xu, Ying Cai. LSR: A Location Secure Routing Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE MASS'10, San Francisco, CA, pp.176-185, 2010. (27.5%, 51 out of 185)
- Patricio Galdames, Kihwan Kim, and Ying Cai. A Generic Platform for Efficient Processing of Spatial Monitoring Queries in Mobile Peer-to-Peer Networks. IEEE MDM'10, Kansas, pp. 1-10, 2010.
- Toby Xu, Ying Cai. Feeling-based Location Privacy Protection for Location-based Services. ACM CCS'09, Chicago, IL, pp. 348-357, 2009. (18.4%, 58 out of 315)
- Toby Xu, Ying Cai. Location Cloaking for Safety Protection of Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE INFOCOM'09, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, pp. 1551-1562, 2009. (19.7%, 282 out of 1435)
- Ying Cai, Toby Xu. Design, Analysis, and Implementation of a Large-scale Real-time Location-based Information Sharing System. ACM MobiSys 2008, Colorado. pp. 106-117, 2008. (17.8%, 22 out of 123)
- Toby Xu, Ying Cai. Exploring Historical Location Data for Anonymity Preservation in Location-based Services. IEEE INFOCOM'08, Phoenix, AZ. pp. 1220-1228, 2008. (20.4%, 236 out of 1152)
- Ying Cai, Ashwin Natarajan, Johnny Wong. On Scheduling of Peer-to-Peer Video Services. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Peer-to-Peer Communications and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, January 2007.
- Ying Cai, Jianming Zhou. An Overlay Subscription Network for Live Internet TV Broadcast. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 1711-1720, December, 2006.
===== Teaching =====
[COMS 587] Principles of Network and Distributed Programming
[COMS 363] Introduction to Database Systems
[COMS 461] Database Systems Concepts
[COMS 207] Programming 1: Java for Non-Majors
[COMS 228] Introduction to Data Structures
[COMS 309] Software Development Practices
===== Selected Services =====
Associate Editor, Multimedia Tools and Applications (since 2009)
Symposium (TAIN/NCIW) Co-chair, COMPSAC'14-17,
TPC Chair, Mobilware'10
PC member of INFOCOM'10-17, ICDCS'11-12, MDM'08-14