- PhD (Aug 2003) State University of New York, Stony Brook
- MS (Dec 2001) State University of New York, Stony Brook
- BE (Aug 1998) Jadavpur University, India
ResearchDBLP Entries; Complete list of Publications
My main research is in the area of verification, model checking and qualitative preference reasoning. I have been involved in projects on the application of formal methods in intrusion detection, control of discrete event systems, Web services, and software product-line verification. Visit our Formal Methods Group page.
New Book: Representating and Reasoning with Qualitative Preferences Selected recent publications:
Christopher Strasburg, Samik Basu and Johnny Wong.
A Cross-Domain Comparable Measurement Framework to Quantify Intrusion Detection Effectiveness. 11th Cyber and Information Security Research Conference 2016.
Samik Basu and Tevfik Bultan.
Automated Choreography Repair. 19th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering. 2016.
Zachary Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam and Samik Basu.
Scalable Modeling and Analysis of Requirements Preferences: A Qualitative Approach using CI-Nets. 23rd IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference. 2015.
Ganesh Ram Santhanam, Gopalakrishnan Sivaprakasam, Giora Slutzki and Samik Basu.
A Knowledge Based Framework for Case-specific Diagnosis. 7th International Conference and Agents and Artificial Intelligence. 2015.
Samik Basu and Tevfik Bultan.
Automatic Verification of Interactions in Asynchronous Systems with Unbounded Buffers. 29th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering. 2014.
ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award
Chris Strausburg (PhD, IDS; co-advisor: Johnny Wong)
Shiva Nalla (MS)
Sai-Sravanthi Nudurupati (MS)
Priyanka Thyagarajan (MS)
Ganesh Ram Santhanam (Postdoc, Qualitative Preferences)
Swapnanjan Chatterjee (MS 2014, Attack Graph Analysis)
Sneha Banker (MS 2014, Asynchronous System Verification)
Yuly Suvorov (MS 2011, Propagation Problem Analysis)
Paul Jennings (MS 2010, Probabilistic Model Checking)
Zachary Oster (MS 2009, Web service substitution)
Fred Philip Stanley (MS 2009)
Lucas Witt (MS 2008, Authenticated Authorization without Identification: A Formal Approach)
Curt Keller (MS 2005, Tool for Verification and Counterexample Analysis of sequential C programs)
Zachary Oster (PhD, 2013, Qualitative Preferences & Component-based Software Development)
Michelle Ruse (PhD, 2013, Modeling and Verification of Security Properties of Web-based Applications)
Tanmoy Sarkar (PhD, 2013, Security in Database Applications; co-advisor: Johnny Wong)
Saayan Mitra (PhD 2009, I/O Automata-based Formal Approach to Web Service Choreography)
Natalia Stakhanova (PhD 2007, Adaptive, Cost-Sensitive Intrusion Detection and Response System)
- ComS 342 Principles of Programming Languages: Spring 2016.
- ComS 319 Software Construction and User Interface: Fall 2012, Fall 2011, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Fall 2007, Fall 2006, Fall 2005
- SE 412 Formal Aspects of Specification and Verification: Spring 2013
- ComS 512 Formal Methods in Software Engineering: Spring 2013, Spring 2011, Spring 2010, Spring 2009, Spring 2008, Spring 2007, Spring 2006, Spring 2005
- Seminar on Semantic Web and Service Composition: Fall 2008, Summer 2008, Spring 2008, Fall 2007
- ComS 227 Introduction to Object-oriented Programming: Spring 2006
- ComS 228 Introduction to Data Structures using C++: Spring 2004
- CS Colloqium
- Logic programming with tabling: XSB
- Logic-based model checking project at State University of New York, Stony Brook: LMC-SUNYSB
- Software Engineering Conferences maintained by Tao Xie
- Formal Methods and Software Technology Conferences maintained by Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University
- Calcutta/Kolkata, South Point High School, Calcutta, Jadavpur University