Lu Ruan is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the Iowa State University.
She received the B.E. degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 1996, and the M.S. and Ph.D.
degrees in Computer Science from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 1999 and 2001, respectively.
She joined the faculty of Iowa State University in 2001. Her research interests include Internet routing, Internet measurement and data analysis, network security, and content delivery networks. She is a recipient of the NSF CAREER Award. She is a senior member of IEEE.
- Com S 228: Introduction to Data Structures
- Com S 330: Discrete Computational Structures
- Com S 352: Introduction to Operating Systems
- Com S 454/554: Distributed Systems
- Com S 486: Fundamental Concepts in Computer Networking
- Com S 586: Computer Network Architectures
- Com S 652: Advanced Topics in Distributed Operating Systems
- Com S 686: Advanced Topics in High-Speed Networks
Resources for graduate students
A computer science graduate school survival guide by Dr. Ronald T. Azuma
Research How-To by Dr. Rudra Dutta
How to organize your thesis by Dr. John W. Chinneck