Got a question?
Got a question or comment? Contact me at
(515) 294-6168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Computer Science,
Software Engineering Program,
Information Assurance Program, and
Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Program
Iowa State University
226 Atanasoff Hall, Ames, IA, 50011
office: 105 Atanasoff Hall
Ph.D., The University of Virginia, 2005
M.S., The University of Virginia, 2004
B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), 2000
Laboratory for Software Design
Major Awards and Honors
Former Graduate Students
- Mehdi Bagherzadeh (PhD Summer'16, MS Fall'10), Assistant Professor at Oakland University
- Yuheng Long (PhD Spring'16, MS Spring'10), Google
- Robert Dyer (PhD Fall'13, MS Fall'08), Assistant Professor at Bowling Green State University
- Tyler Sondag (PhD Fall'11, MS Fall'09), Intel R&D
- Sean L. Mooney (MS Summer'15), SourceAllies
- Harish Narayanappa (MS Spring'10), eBay
- Youssef W. Hanna (MS Fall'08), Google
- Rakesh Setty (MS Fall'08), eBay
- Mahantesh Hosamani (MS Fall'07), Ericsson
- Programming languages, software engineering, and compilers
- Data science (also popularly known as Big Data),
especially software engineering of Big Data software.
- Concurrency, especially modular reasoning about concurrency
correctness and performance. Scalable support for modular verification
of concurrency properties in compilers.
- Advanced separation of concerns mechanisms such as events, reactive signals, and aspects
and modular reasoning about such mechanisms.
Key Projects (for details, see links on the left)