Getting to Ames
The Des Moines International Airport is the closest airport
and is located approximately 40 miles south of Ames.
The conference organizers will run an airport shuttle ($15 one way)
which can be reserved using the on-line registration form.
Taxis and Car Rentals
Taxi fare is approximately $50 one way.
A variety of premier national car rental companies have their counters
at the Des Moines International airport.
Directions to Ames
- At the airport take right (east) on Fleur Dr.
- Take a left (north) on Army Post Road
- Take a left (west) on SE 14th street (also called US 69 North)
- Follow signs to I-235 and take I-235 East
- Continue on I-235 (it will terminate and merge into I-35 North).
- On I-35 North take exit 111-B for Ames
- You are now on US Highway 30 traveling West
- Take exit 148 (Duff Avenue Exit)
- Turn right (north) at the STOP sign
- You are now traveling on Duff Avenue (several hotels/motels are
located on this street)
- Take left (west) on Lincoln Way
- Take right (north) on Wallace Road
- The tall buildings at the intersection of Lincoln and Wallace
are the Maple-Willow-Larch dormitories (conference accommodation)
- To go to the Memorial Union (conference site) you
must continue on Lincoln Way going west
- Take right (north) on Morrill Road
- The building at the intersection of Morrill Road and Lincoln
is the Memorial Union
- Parking facilities are available in the Memorial Union parking ramp
ISU Campus Map
Ames Related Information
Conference Home Page